Friday, February 9, 2018

Your life can be anything you want it to be

Personal B.O.D.. 
Framework Support.
Seek the balance that will provide enough, 
but not too much or too little friction.
You can pave your road to success 
with knowledge and 
experience of others.

Your life can be anything you want it to be, 
but it’s up to you to make it happen.

Professional Panel Discussion Series: Women Insiders
For those of you who have been on this journey with me from the beginning; you know that I have a bigger focus, and am approaching all of it, as a whole, one big picture rather than only focusing on one thing, like the Ironman, which does impact everything in my life. That’s why I do it! I Look at the whole picture. And specific to my Ironman training, I have put a structure in place to get me from point A to point B. Part of the structure is emailing you my stories and accountability numbers, so I stay on track and reach my goals. There’s more pieces, I put together, to make the whole puzzle into a picture.

Same goes with my career and other entrepreneurial endeavors I have going on. For this career “track”, I call it, I am currently relooking at my support structure, those people who support me, teach me, and give me advice. Part of what I’m doing is reviewing who is on my personal Board of Directors (B.O.D.) as it relates to this track. As I evaluate and adjust, I look at my current challenges and issues and figure out the type of assistance I need. Then I figure out “Who” I’d like on my BOD, I create a list. And I schedule to meet with each person for coffee, talk over what I’m up to and, then, I “Ask” then if they want to be on my personal BOD. I want to make sure they know what I am requesting of them and they agree to do it; I ask for their support to; reinforce, encourage, give ideas and provide their perspective to a given situation and of course to meet periodically to help me and them stay on track.  

I ran across this situational scenario, that is ideal...

"Wood needs sanding to make a high quality piece of furniture. The trick is to find the right type of sandpaper to finish the wood. Too much friction will make the wood too thin. Too little friction will not make it smooth enough. Seek the balance that will provide enough, but not too much or too little friction." ~Unknown

This scenario is a good replica; gives me perspective to step back and analyze. As I consider and align the right people on my new list of BOD’s for my career and entrepreneurialism. 

Here are some more questions I ask myself, to readjust my BOD:
  1. How do I want my personal board to operate?
  2. How well is the BOD working for me? (This I use to re-evaluate, relevel and assess whether I add or remove people on my BOD)
  3. How will my personal BOD help address career challenges?
This is my way of converting challenges into career success stories!!!!

🏊🚴🏻🙏🏻🏃🏻‍♀️
Home is where your story begins!! 

🍂☕🦋

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think of your life as a series of year cycles.

There is a small, disheveled baby robin making her very first steps in my garden today. She looks a bit dazed and exhausted, her lovely yell...