Wednesday, February 28, 2018

It’s that time of year again!

Smile and be happy

Kind hearts are the gardens,
Kind thoughts are the roots,
Kind words are the blossoms,
Kind deeds are the fruits.

Take care of your garden
And keep out the weeds,
Fill it with sunshine
Kind words and kind deeds.

Running has always been a relief and a sanctuary — something that makes me feel good, both physically and mentally. For me, it is as much about the health benefits as it is about the joy it brings to my life. Let's face it - the magic of winter is starting to lose its luster. I am about ready to trade in my hot chocolate by the fire (or riding my trainer in the basement) for an iced coffee, sitting on my back deck with the sun beaming on my face (instead positioning the Cyclopse on the deck; so I could ride my TRI on the deck in the sun; or ride out on the road). 
It’s coming, I can see the rising sun earlier in the mornings and the sunset later in the evenings. And I can hear the birds on my morning runs. 

It’s that time of year again! Spring is right around the corner and with that, the promise of more outdoor activities. Am I ready? Yes indeed.  I am taking that last sip of hot spiced tea today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think of your life as a series of year cycles.

There is a small, disheveled baby robin making her very first steps in my garden today. She looks a bit dazed and exhausted, her lovely yell...