Tuesday, February 6, 2018

It’s all relevant



Morning Spin! 

If we pick up a brush, 
we feel like writing; 
if we hold a musical instrument in our hands, 
we wish to play.
It’s all relevant.

Cycle Week!

Sometimes it's like dejaveu, like running into an old friend. I’ve been cycling in an early morning spin class. Today, I ran into a really old colleague, from my college days, Keith was the guy who had to leave because the class overflow last week. They fixed the glitch and the class had just enough people and just enough bikes. Keith was able to ride with us. I get there early and spin for about 10 minutes to loosen my legs before the intense hill-work. Keith was adjusting his bike.

I said, “Keith, it’s Kim from Stout.”  

He said, “Hi, Stout.” 

We both laughed.

We continued to catch up. 

Keith and I were on the dorm leadership team at UW Stout. He was the RA on the 4th guys floor.  I was the Vice President of the hall.  I remember it like it was yesterday. We went to a leadership camp and I remember doing this this first-time "Roap's Course”. It was amazing! 

My favorite guy and I swing by my old college stomping grounds every time we take go to the cities.

Everything has changed, of course. The dorms have changed, I don’t think half the dorms are even dorms anymore. It’s all new.  On the Newby section of campus, there is now a walk-over bridge where people use to risk their lives running the cross-walk before.  And the campus itself has a whole new set of buildings where it was just walkways and sidewalks. Things change.

After class we talked some more. It was great to hear how his kids, (no longer kids) are. His daughter and mine were in Annie together back in middle school. How fun is that.  So, great to run into old friends from over 30+ years ago.

🏊🚴🏻🙏🏻🏃🏻‍♀️
Home is where your story begins!! 
🍂☕🦋

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think of your life as a series of year cycles.

There is a small, disheveled baby robin making her very first steps in my garden today. She looks a bit dazed and exhausted, her lovely yell...