Sunday, February 18, 2018

IMMT Mar 2018 Lessons Learned - Morning fix


Training for Ironman Mont-Tremblant! 
❤️🚴🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️☕ 



Go at it with an Open Mind,
and Open Heart!


I just wanted to give you a heartfelt thank you for being part of my community. I really appreciate you and I love providing information as I learn, grow and build my potential as a tried-and-true athlete… These are stories that reflect my unique value and true-self. That’s why I do what I do and why I’m so passionate about sharing, in hopes that what I share help others reach their ideal level of success. 

Thank you for supporting me as I train for my 2nd Ironman, the Ironman Mont-Tremblant in Québec Canada (IMMT). This is my monthly training and lessons learned progress. The Race is schedule for August 19, 2018.
Just Keep Going..
Make it your business to know yourself;
It is the most difficult lesson in the world.”
~Miguel De Cervantes


 😍 ❤ 💘

The Ironman is a sport where you can make a dramatic transformation in your life, in Physical Fitness and Mental Wellbeing. It humbles you and it clearly tells you what you don’t know and what you need to learn. I look at it like a crucible of fitness, a crucible is an event where you are confronted with an arduous test that you put yourself in, you transform through it and you emerge as a different person coming out of it.

It really is a choice to go to places you’ve never been before. During every Ironman training, I get a dark moment. I will say, "I don’t like this anymore.” Or,  "I’m really tired.” Even, "It all hurts." You can stop and the pain will stop, but it won’t get you to the finish line until you train (and in life, “live") fully. The day is what it is, and you do your best on that day!

Part of it is…the belief and faith that you can see it happen, You know you can do it. Just keep going! I think that’s a great analogy that shows up in other areas of my life.  Just, keep moving, one foot in front of the other. Left-right, left-right. It might be days, months, or years. You are going to get to the endpoint. There are events that have endpoints. But, there is always another race. The real part of a Triathlon, is The Journey. 



Go at it with an Open Mind, and Open Heart!

Recap of What I learned and BIG wins for me this month:
  • Keep it simple and don’t sweat the small stuff
  • Take it one day at a time. Continue forward.
  • Don't give up just because things are hard.
  • Remember, as long as you're still breathing, it's never too late for a new beginning. It’s okay to make adjustments.
  • To celebrate life, and the opportunities that we have, to thrive, to shine and to grow.
  • Be relentlessly courageous, authentically unapologetically. Be you!
  • Don’t get stuck! Don't get stuck in the "how" of things, but instead get stuck in the power pictures of a dynamic future.  
  • Change directions occasionally so you don't always end up where you thought you wanted to go.
  • It’s always good to step away from the situation and gain new perspective. 
  • Change is hard. Change is a battle.That’s why most never do it. Even those who start, most often never finish.Be ready, to make the Change.
  • Take time to “Really” Think, Don’t Only Think You Think… then make the decision. And go with it.
  • Mont Ryan and Ch. Duplessis are such a treat (Sarcasm)… I learned  these are MAJOR hills on the course. The IMMT bike Course Is A Little Harder than It Looks…
  • Take your power back; Keep your eye on the prize.
  • Forget Exercise, Get Moving!
  • Focus on technique, form, pacing, sport nutrition and mental strength. 
  • There's a difference between QUALITY vs. QUANTITY!
  • Just Keep Going!
  • Go at it with an Open Mind, and Open Heart!
  • Make it your business to know yourself; it is the most difficult lesson in the world.
  • Why not, right? Do something bold & Share your excitement and passion for the sport.
  • Every day, give yourself at least three really good treat: One for every risk you take, and two just because you're you. No exceptions, no excuses. Treats are not food, they are things like taking time for me, practicing yoga, painting, drawing/sketching, writing letters to friends. And three, give yourself a good pat on the back, just because you are you (Repeat #2). Stay positive folks! No exceptions, no excuses.
  • When working out, go at it with a simple mindset. Do something for the simple pleasure of doing it. Don’t think SO hard about it, AND Just, Get back to it!!!
  • It’s okay to get some rest + relief. Everybody grows at different rates. Revel in the time you are resting and be okay to take a NAP instead of going head-strong.
  • This years Ironman training experience will be unique;  it is already different. I learned from the wisdom I gained in last years Ironman experiences. But, this is new course and story. honor my experiences, this time around, along with my previous years’ experience. And trust that this new path will only strengthen my core, sharpen my mind, and open my heart.
  • Workout, meditate, and contemplate, even when you are mad, especially when you are mad. (Susan Piver’s audio story)
  • I love to run because It makes me Feel Alive!
  • Enjoy the ride!
  • Use my framework to help focus on the areas to build/reduce during training; like, prevent injury, get whole body strong, stay healthy, increase speed, reduce bellow fat and maintain the LOVE of the sport.
  • Chip away at it, a little at a time. Carve out time, focus and accomplish the goal; little-by-little, progress will be made. Build it around other Time commitments and around workouts that are already working.
  • Training for an Ironman not only impacts physical wellbeing; IM training impacts ALL areas in life. 
  • Training for the ironman is a MENTAL game and in my book, it is almost 50% mental and the rest physical. That’s my story and I’m sticking with it. 
  • Be strong when you are weak, brave when you are scared and humble when you are victorious.
  • Do Yoga! Everyone could use a little extra flexibility, right? 
  • A Little Happier: What I Do Every Day Matters More Than What I Do Once in a While. 
  • Train Beautiful, Soft, Durable & Flowering!
  • Find wisdom and courage to soften. By softly greeting, what seems to be anger, the edges dissipate. The heart of whatever permeates actually dissipates, for the moment anyway.
  • What would the theme song to your training be? You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream another dream.
  • You MUST at least start. Because If you don't start, it's certain you won’t get anywhere and according to Zig, you can't arrive.
  • Get back up. again, and again. The faster you recover from setbacks, the faster you'll get where you're going.
  • After my run, I feel great! All I need to do is get out there. Once on the trail, I could run for miles and miles. Stop resisting or making excuses.
  • You know that moment in life when you finally let go of your ego and are comfortable with being and experiencing the moment. 
  • It’s so interesting, when you learn to let-go and give it up or stop judging things as good or bad. 
  • We are what we repeatedly do, a runner runs, a biker bikes, a swimmer swims and a writer writes.
  • Doing weights and core, will take time; but, it really does make a difference. In the scenario my weight-lifting said, your body is like a house, you need a good foundation in order to maintain a strong building. Weight lifting and strong core gives your core (“house”) stability.
  • Another key lesson - Trust Yourself!

Here's my recap for  TRAINING✓

Goals: Ironman Training IMMT Québec, 2.4 mile Point to La Pointe OWS & 13.1 Alaska
✨Maybe’s: 13.1 Kauai

Short term Objectives - Health & Wellness focus items each WEEK…  (It's a team effort)
  • Yoga weekly challenge ✓ (3 days)
  • To run this week. ✓ (3 days)
  • To bike this week. ✓ (4 days)
  • To swim this week ✓ (5 days)
  • To lift weights (1 upper:1 lower body) this week ✓ (2 days)
  • Smoothy once a day this week ✓ (7 days)
  • 🏊🚴🏻🙏🏻🏃🏻‍♀️💘
  • Current Stats: (It’s not about HOW MUCH as it is about HOW WELL)

This months Focus: Live a balanced, purposeful, healthy life; specifically focusing on technique, form, pacing, sport nutrition and mental strength. 

🏊🚴🏻🙏🏻🏃🏻‍♀️
Home is where your story begins!! 
🍂☕🦋

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think of your life as a series of year cycles.

There is a small, disheveled baby robin making her very first steps in my garden today. She looks a bit dazed and exhausted, her lovely yell...