Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Never Too Old to Dream Another Dream

A letter 4-each day in Feb... 

“You are never too old to set a new goal or 
to dream another dream.” 
~C.S. Lewis"

I’m glad you’re reading this … 

Thank you for supporting me as I train for my 2nd Ironman, the Ironman Mont-Tremblant in Québec Canada (IMMT). This is my weekly email sent to you as accountability for training progress. The Race is schedule for August 19, 2018.
I promised to write a letter a day in February. This is through a program called InCoWritMo which is a calligraphy group, those people who love to write with special calligraphy pens.  I remember the days in Art class in high school, when we have to learn calligraphy.  I was pretty good at it. But, in this case, I am just using a ballpoint pen. It’s hard enough to write a letter I pen the way it is, without adding fancy calligraphy swirls to the letters.  

So far, it’s been pretty fun. I write to a person on the list one day, and write to either a familiar friend or family member, or a long-lost friend, and /or write to someone who I had a disagreement with. Yes, I have done this.  I have received some letters back from those on the InCoWritMo list. It’s interesting learning their background, what they care about and interesting tid-bits about them. I also get a phone call or a message from a friend or family member I already know, telling me “how the letter made their day and then they share what they are up to.”
It’s pretty cool!!!!! Kind of like a chain reaction.  
I know, you probably are wondering, “When do I find the time around my training, work schedule and other creative projects I am doing.” Well, I carve out 5 minutes in the morning or afternoon after work, or evening before bed, and just write a short letter.  It doesn’t take long.  Of Course, my favorite guy mails them when he heads to the gym so that helps out some.  Ha ha!  He’s great!!!!!  So far, it’s been quite fun!

🏊🚴🏻🙏🏻🏃🏻‍♀️
Home is where your story begins!! 

🍂☕🦋

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think of your life as a series of year cycles.

There is a small, disheveled baby robin making her very first steps in my garden today. She looks a bit dazed and exhausted, her lovely yell...