Sunday, February 25, 2018

I'm unique, just like everyone else.



Early Morning

Never assume that 
loud is strong and 
quiet is weak.
😍 ❤ πŸ’˜
It was early morning, about 6am, and I got up knowing I had a 10K run this morning.

I said to myself, “Get ready, as if you’ve already achieved your goal – cause here I come.” — Put simply ~ step into action, today is your day. I got up and got ready to go. We a
rrive at the park. It's brisk and cold outside. The ground has slippery ice-spots. I have to be careful walking to the start-line.  The race director says they salted the running course, but we still need to be careful when running. We line up at the start. The gun goes off, and we are off. Both the 5K and 10K runners start at the same time. For the 10K, we have to run the course twice. It is cold, but after a mile I immediately warm up. There is a very steep hill at the finish of the 5K, halfway mark for me! The hill is a quarter mile long. I push my way up the hill. I make it to the top. I start to run the course again. I kept chugging and don’t stop to walk. I use my arms when my legs get tired, to help me run up the hills. I make it across the finish line. I hear my name announced that I get a 3rd place AG finish. Feels good to get my run in early this morning.

As Matisse said, "When I look at a fig tree, every leaf has a different design. They all have their own manner of moving in space; yet in their own separate ways, they all cry, 'Fig tree.’" I'm unique, just like everyone else.

πŸ™€πŸ’•
Thank you for supporting me as I train for my 2nd Ironman, the Ironman Mont-Tremblant in QuΓ©bec Canada (IMMT). The Race is schedule for August 19, 2018.


πŸŠπŸš΄πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸƒπŸ»‍♀️
Home is where your story begins!! 
πŸ‚☕πŸ¦‹

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think of your life as a series of year cycles.

There is a small, disheveled baby robin making her very first steps in my garden today. She looks a bit dazed and exhausted, her lovely yell...