Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Work in Progress...

Adjustments...

My new schedule is still a work in progress. I’m adjusting. Thursday’s seem to be a little harder for me. I feel like I’m missing something since I no longer swim on Thursdays, given that I replaced my swim with a cycle class instead. It’s a work in progress, but I think it’s going to work. 

There are a few things that are impacted, one is my swim. When I do swim with masters, I notice that the “Slow” Swimmers were getting faster. We did short 25 yard sprint sessions and they would pass me up. I felt like I wasn’t making progress. I know that it is because I’m not working weights, core. 

People talk, in my spin class, about “Boot camp." I know this is what is missing, core-work. I was struggling with redefining and resculpting my body to make it stronger. 

One morning, while in my early morning SOLO swim, I was thinking about this. To resolve this reoccurring problem that “I’m not ‘whole body' strong!” Or “I want to increase my speed.” 

An idea popped in my head….My favorite guy has learned ways to life weights why not ask him for help. I did! I asked him if he would make the commitment to go to the gym with me after work, for at least an hour and show me different upper-body weights. 

We just started the weights at the gym. I plan to see how things go. I am adding a new goal on my stats, to do weights, adding it, at least 2 times a week.  I can do more. I want to focus on upper one day and lower body another day. I hope to see some new strength come out of my endurance training in swimming, biking and running.



πŸŠπŸš΄πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸƒπŸ»‍♀️
Home is where your story begins!! 
πŸ‚☕πŸ¦‹

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think of your life as a series of year cycles.

There is a small, disheveled baby robin making her very first steps in my garden today. She looks a bit dazed and exhausted, her lovely yell...