Thursday, February 22, 2018

I don’t like giving negativity power.

I don’t like giving negativity power.
Be the Carrier of the Light.
😍 ❤ πŸ’˜

I heard this mentioned, “I don’t like giving negativity power.” I love that. 

I’ll be the first to admit that last night’s training was a little unusual, but there’s no way I could have predicted such an amazing response! During training, I’ve experienced first hand the importance of taking care of my body to get my mind into a state of peak performance.

If I start to feel sluggish, anxious or feel I just can't absorb information as well as I'd like. 

When I am, it’s because, I’m forgetting to be kind, compassionate and thanking myself. When this happens, I have to stop a minute to reflect on how I've been taking care of my body.  

Sometimes, I have to pull out my yoga mat, and do some stretching exercises for 5-10 minutes or take a brisk 15-minute walk outside. Go downstairs and grab a glass fill it with fresh water and drink a large glass of water. I even take a break, lie down and take a quick 10-minute power nap. I have taken time to meditate for 5-10 minutes, by simply focusing on my  breath. Or I have a high protein snack or smoothy.  

I’ve focused on avoiding reaching for a sugary or caffeinated drink or high carbohydrate snack, because I have found these can put me first into a higher anxiety state followed by a low energy crash. 

When I make a consorted effort to keep my brain in a state of peak performance, I am rewarded with an ability to learn, listen and absorb new information that keeps me at the top of my game.

πŸŠπŸš΄πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸƒπŸ»‍♀️
Thank you for supporting me as I train for my 2nd Ironman, the Ironman Mont-Tremblant in QuΓ©bec Canada (IMMT). The Race is schedule for August 19, 2018.

This months Focus: Live a balanced, purposeful, healthy life; specifically focusing on technique, form, pacing, sport nutrition and mental strength. 

πŸŠπŸš΄πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸƒπŸ»‍♀️
Home is where your story begins!! 
πŸ‚☕πŸ¦‹

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think of your life as a series of year cycles.

There is a small, disheveled baby robin making her very first steps in my garden today. She looks a bit dazed and exhausted, her lovely yell...