Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Things I enjoy doing in the springtime! \_(ヅ)_/

It is spring again
Never give up, not because you still have tomorrow to try, but because you may not have tomorrow to try.
My musing writing group offers ideas for Spring Equinox. We write stories, draw pictures, write ideas about wilderness, human nature, and mindfulness. This includes nature, the writing life, community service, meditation, creativity, grief and loss, inspiration, or whatever else emerges. 

Today, I write a list of all the things I enjoy doing outside in the springtime.  
Spring is around the corner! We look forward to warmer days, flowers and more opportunities to get outside and play. Some people like the winter season. Others find it bearable. I don’t fall into either of those categories. I can live without snowboarding or skiing. I use to be the opposite, but things change. Early spring is still chilly, rainy and sometimes ugly. However, once it starts to get warmer outside and the sun starts to really shine, I’m the happiest person in the world. 

I find some time to enjoy each season. And today, I focus on spring because those memories are likely to keep me going for the rest of the year. Here are a few things I am penciling in for springtime:
  1. Go for a run. Go Running outdoors on the trail or anywhere 
  2. Take a long walk on the trail
  3. Or go for a bike ride. Ride the bike trail with Leon (our regular route of 20 miles) and stop in-between to have lunch, sprawl out the paper they have for customers and read, while eating our sandwiches and catch up with Leon, chit-chat.
  4. Bike to Madison. Day-trip there, overnight in Madison, Day-trip back home.
  5. Wake up early and open the windows to listen to the birds wake up and catch the spring breeze
  6. Sit on the deck and soak in the sun
  7. Swim in the lake (wetsuit of course) with Leon paddling beside me in the kayak
  8. Hike at Parnell tower, Devils Lake and Door County Peninsula state parks
  9. Sit outside on a chair reading a book; watching Leon plants something green or colorful in the garden
  10. Sit outside at a café or coffeehouse enjoying the breeze on my face and people-watching is fun too
  11. Swing on the swings at our park
  12. Skip stones across the lake (rock, sandy beach)
  13. Sit outside on the porch and listen to and enjoy the rain
  14. Sit outside and notice the trees budding colors
  15. Sit outside and listen to the birds singing
  16. Visit the zoo, brings back fun memories of when Staci was a child
  17. Stargaze, late spring
  18. Paint, on canvas easel, outside back-deck
You wouldn’t catch me on a blanket outdoors looking into the night sky in March.  But maybe in May or June, depending on the weather. Nothing makes me happier. 

Finally, this spring, take a moment to slow down, get off the device, put away the phone, lie down and remind yourself how small you really are.

❤️🚴🏽‍♀️🏃🏽‍♀️☕ 
Training for Ironman Mont-Tremblant! 

🏊🚴🏻🙏🏻🏃🏻‍♀️
Home is where your story begins!! 
🍂☕🦋

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think of your life as a series of year cycles.

There is a small, disheveled baby robin making her very first steps in my garden today. She looks a bit dazed and exhausted, her lovely yell...