Friday, February 16, 2018

Getting through my morning swim


Preparing For My Swim



Choose always the way that seems best, 
however rough it may be, 
and custom will soon 
render it easy and 
agreeable..
😍 ❤ πŸ’˜ 
I get up early. Very early to swim.

My alarm goes off.

I reach over to my nightstand to turn it off.

I barrel my head in my pillow. And fall lightly back to sleep.

Five minutes later, my head pops up. 

I think, "I'd better get going, or I'll sleep through the open swim timeframe."

I slide my legs to the side of the bed. 

Push myself up and drag my body to prepare myself, my swim bag, fill my water bottle with ice, water and propel.

I hop in the car, and drive to the pool.

I arrive in the parking lot, several cars there and lights reflect from the pool portion of the building.

I stop the engine, open the door and slip my swim-bag over my shoulder and walk to the building.

Once in the pool-area, I am greeted with a smile and a ‘Happy Hello!’ by the lifeguard and coordinator of open swim.

I continue to the locker room.

I walk to the end of the pool, notice there are already 3 people swimming.

I’m 5 minutes into open swim.

I get my pull-buoy, paddles and flippers out, and ready my propel bottle on the ledge.

My swim cap and goggles on, I jump in the pool, feet first. 
Start my Garmin and begin to swim.

I choose to swim for 50 strong minutes. This typically gives me a good 2500 yards or more. Then, I paddle for 300, focusing on breathing. Then cool down.

This is my story of getting through my morning swim.


πŸŠπŸš΄πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸƒπŸ»‍♀️
Home is where your story begins!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think of your life as a series of year cycles.

There is a small, disheveled baby robin making her very first steps in my garden today. She looks a bit dazed and exhausted, her lovely yell...