Thursday, January 9, 2020

Getting Back At It... Lessons Learned as I Run a 5K each day in 2020...

Run a 5K ea day in 2020.
…Lessons Learned volume 1.

Let every man or woman here, if you never hear me again, remember this, that if you wish to be great at all, you must begin where you are and with what you are. He who would be great anywhere must first be great in his own Philadelphia. ~Russel H. Conwell


Getting Fit!
Running a 5K each day this year! 
❤️🚴🏽‍♀️πŸƒπŸ½‍♀️☕ 
Go at it with an Open Mind,
and Open Heart!

Thank you for supporting me as I get myself back out there exercising and taking care of my body, the goal is to run a 5K each day this year. I write about the things I learn as I get myself back into shape again. The stories I tell reflect my unique value and I hope sharing will inspire you too—this is why I’m so passionate about sharing, in hopes that what I share help others reach their ideal level of success.  

AND THIS WEEK I was able to see that…

  • I am still driven by this childhood belief that I had to do better than others just to be seen as ok.
  • I became hugely critical of myself when I was not doing things perfectly. So I say to myself, “Do the best you can do and let the rest go. We’ll get a run in the next time around”…and to remember that doing my best did not mean I had to be perfect!
  • Getting back into shape is a challenge, but all it takes is a step forward, and getting up and out, and doing it.   
  • Just Keep Going..
  • Make it your business to know yourself; It is the most difficult lesson in the world. But in doing this, you will know what works and what keeps you going.
  • Keep it simple and don’t sweat the small stuff
  • Take it one day at a time and continue forward.
  • I “Snack-Eat” a lot, I learned this while intuitively eating, which really means mindful eating, where I eat during an 8-hour window, and then fast or drink only water, coffee or tea on the outside timeframes. (16:8). 
  • I think I picked up “snack-eating” or eating all of the time, during the Ironman training and never transitioned back to “normal” eating. Now is the time for me to do this, eat “Normally.”  It’s a practice.
  • This goal is keeping me going, without being accountable i wouldn’t get up and out of my chair to do it.
  • I’m feeling better each day I run (sometimes walk a little) and it doesn’t matter how fast I run to complete the 3.15 miles.
  • I actually don’t mind running on the treadmill, especially when I can watch aninteresting show while doing it, keeps my mind off the running.
  • It's all about mindset. Overcome the negative, or story that's stopping you.
  • Just put on those shoes, or get the yoga mat out, and do it!
  • We are not given a good life or a bad life. We are given a life. It's up to us to make it good or bad.

😍 ❤ πŸ’˜

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think of your life as a series of year cycles.

There is a small, disheveled baby robin making her very first steps in my garden today. She looks a bit dazed and exhausted, her lovely yell...